Wednesday, January 11, 2012

1st post

       I chose to become a Engineer, partially because my dad is a EE however, I wasn't sure which Engineering degree I wanted. After my first year and half I chose to be a EE after taking a mechanical class and looking more in depth at other degrees. I know EE's will always have a good job demand also.

I want to have a job after I graduate to achieve this I have been an intern at Emerson Process Management in Knoxville since May 2011. The employment rate for new grads is 56% .http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/19/business/economy/19grads.html

Average college debt is around $25,000.
Top employers hiring college grads according to Forbes 1. Verizon 2. Enterprise Rent a Car 3. Hewlett Packard.
In the class there is KL who is better at programming then I am and also good at planning. JF is very good at getting stuff to just work. AA is good at planning stuff out and committed to meeting up and working together. JM has professional experience and is all around good at getting whatever the job may be done. Design means to me is a plan to show the functionality of a solution  in detail to a specific problem. I just looked up the definition of design and used some of my own opinion also.

A few minutes were spent on this outside of class until videos were posted which took about hour and half.

Team     0-100
Ecar80
Dance with Your Hands!70
Pokemon Stadium 35065
Rhex Box95
Automatic Chess Player85
Sign Master 900090
Kinecto-Vision95
FPS 36080
Universal Glove Controller90
Greengineering80
R.A.V.E.N95
High Speed Water Purification90
Street Solutions90
Energy Performance Ratings75
AccuEnergy70
Electronic Pitch Trainer90
Stadium Express80
AutoPlug84
Urban Energy Consumers Solar75
Economic Network Model80
Sustainable Rainforest Solutions70
Spam Detection on Wiki85
Winds Up!88
Detection of pneumonia95
Intelligent Information Systems80
Laser Cutter95
CIMG010770
NXT Line Follower80
ADC Lab70

No comments:

Post a Comment